The largest one-day Women’s conference in the country, the event had 22,000 attendees, and was certainly the most star-powered single event I have ever attended. Other speakers included Madeleine Albright, Christiane Amanpour, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael J. Fox, Russell Simmons, Sally Field, Billie Jean King, Heidi Klum, Jennifer Lopez, Jenny McCarthy, Dr. Oz, Rachael Ray, Conoleeza Rice, and many more.
SUCCESS for Women is part of our committment at SUCCESS Media to provide the resources and inspiration people need to realize their greatest potential. SUCCESS for Women utilizes the same principles of personal achievement as SUCCESS, but is geared specifically to the interests, challenges and opportunities unique to women. It is probably best summed up in its tag line: “Living with Purpose and Passion”
Some highlights from the California Women’s Conference:
See the discussion via video: Click Here, click on “Watch Opening Session” then scroll to around 57min in.
Key Points or Quotes:
- America and its policies are like building a company, you want to build a company any idiot can run–-because eventually one will.
- The American system has unleashed human potential.
- This country works. It can get gummed up from time to time, but this country works.
- Buffett explains why it is so important to start early with your own business
- The 20th century improved our standard of living seven to one. Imagine what’s possible for us in the 21st Century.
- In this discussion Buffet explains exactly what happened to the financial market in 2008.
The American system has unleashed human potential – Warren Buffet
- Success in America is all about WILL! How much fire do you have in your belly? With fire anyone can make it here.
- Arnold explains why it is better to be your own boss. He explains about taking risks versus looking for a safety net.
- Government intervention can make you lazy and kill your creativity.
Maria Shriver delivered one of the most compelling, insightful and empowering talks I have ever heard.
See the discussion via video: Click Here, click on “Watch Luncheon Session”
Key Points or Quotes:
What one thing are you going to do with your one wild and precious life? And what’s keeping you from doing it? – Maria Shriver
- Being Who You Are is the greatest gift you can give others, your community and your world.
- Fear is what keeps us from being who we really want to be. Fear has us give up our power or makes us think we never had any power in the first place.
- You have to face your fear and walk through it, your authentic self is on the other side. Move from fear to freedom.
- Fear is quick sand for the spirit.
Eleanor Roosevelt said do something every day that scares you
- If you don’t feel fear, you don’t need courage. It takes courage to feel the fear and do it anyway.
- You cannot wait for the fear to go away before you take the action that you are afraid of. You have to take action and the fear will go away.
- Feeling fear is not a weakness; fear is the beginning of strength.
- Comparisons are always designed to make you feel bad and paralyze us.
- Don’t be quick to judge, be quick to empathize.
- If you allow yourself to be broken open, underneath that is who you are.
You learn so much from struggles, little from victories.
- You are here to experience fear, love, pain and joy – all of it is OK.
Find SUCCESS for Women on newsstands now or learn more HERE