Download the free “8 Steps to Abundance: The Entrepreneur’s Essential Checklist for Turning Your Passion and Purpose into Profit” by Peter Diamandis to start thinking exponentially and create abundance in all areas of your life.
Peter Diamandis is no stranger to SUCCESS. Recently named a SUCCESS Ambassador and twice our cover figure, he boldly lives out our principles and values.
So it only makes sense that we bring together the pieces of wisdom we’ve collected from Diamandis over the years—to inspire you as you start your journey to success or to remind you of your why as you continue the path to your best life.
1. “Today anyone who is passionate about solving a problem can make a dent in it.”
2. “Curiosity is fundamentally what you need to self-educate because the technology is constantly changing. Passion is the most important of all. It’s what drives you to keep going when other people give up, and it gives you the persistence to develop the skills you need.”
3. “Something is only scarce until you develop the technology that turns it into something abundant.”
4. “There is no better time in the history of humanity to be an entrepreneur than right now.”
5. “The world’s biggest problems are really the biggest opportunities for entrepreneurs.”
6. “Today, an entrepreneur can tap into such power…. We’re really living in a day and age where the passion that you have, the vision that you have, is the most important thing. The tools are there.”
7. “We’re now empowered to stop complaining about problems and start solving them.”
8. “Every single problem we have can be solved with the right people, the right technology and the right capital.”
9. “If you don’t know what you’re passion is, you need to go find it. That’s the most important thing.”
10. “Ultimately, success is not giving up.”
11. “If you’re doing it for the money and not for the passion, you’re going to fail before you succeed.”
12. “You can make a career out of anything these days.”
13. “If someone gave you $1 million and told you to change the world, what would you do with it?
14. “Attitude is everything. Your attitude and how you come across is going to affect the other individual’s mindset… everything you do in the world is convincing others to stand with you.”
15. “The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself.”
16. “Most people are resistant to any kind of change. We like waking up in the morning and knowing that the world is unchanged from the night before. But the rate of change and innovation is changing exponentially, as more people become connected and can exchange ideas in person or on the internet.”
17. “A lot of people who are dreamers anticipate things happening. But there is a point where you realize that you are going to have to make something happen. For me, that happened at MIT in the space arena where I realized that a lot of the space objectives were not happening on their own, and if not me then who, and if not now, when?”
18. “I’ve become very optimistic in the ability of people around the world outside other normal channels to do extraordinary things. I no longer look for countries or large companies for breakthroughs. There is a real value in bold thinking. Getting a team that’s got some nontraditional, smart people plugged into it makes a difference.”
19. “If you are not willing to take risks that will fail, you are focused on incrementalism. You are going to make small, safe progress. If you’re trying to do something bold and dramatic, you have to be ready to fail in a significant fashion.”
20. “The day before something is truly a breakthrough, it is a crazy idea, something that people could not conceive of, and therefore it is an insane concept that most people would never have tried.”
21. “Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.”