Cheerfulness is a multiplier. If you’ve ever been in the presence of a happy person, you know that a good laugh can spread the spirit of joy far and wide—and when you give that joy and positivity to others, you receive the same blessing in return.
Related: 3 Ways to Spread Positivity
When you go out into the world, let your energy light up someone’s day. Have a cheerful spirit that casts itself beyond your reach, and you’ll feel the amazing impact of brightening the lives around you.
Get your positivity fix with these 13 inspiring quotes.
1. “I say to myself that I shall try to make my life like an open fireplace, so that people may be warmed and cheered by it and so go out themselves to warm and cheer.” —George Matthew Adams
2. “It is the hopeful, buoyant, cheerful attitude of mind that wins. Optimism is a success builder, pessimism an achievement killer.” —Orison Swett Marden
3. “It takes no more time to see the good side of life than to see the bad.” —Jimmy Buffett
4. “Laughing cheerfulness throws the light of day on all the paths of life.” —Jean Paul
5. “You cannot hold back a good laugh any more than you can the tide. Both are forces of nature.” —William Rotsler
6. “The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.” —Helen Keller
7. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” —Mark Twain
8. “The energy you give off is the energy you receive. I really think that, so I’m always myself—jumping, dancing, singing around, trying to cheer everybody up.” —Cara Delevingne
9. “The most certain sign of wisdom is cheerfulness.” —Michel de Montaigne
10. “Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers, and are famous preservers of good looks.” —Charles Dickens
11. “And so of cheerfulness, or a good temper—the more it is spent, the more of it remains.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “Be cheerful—the problems that worry us most are those that never arrive.” —Benjamin Franklin
13. “You find yourself refreshed in the presence of cheerful people. Why not make an honest effort to confer that pleasure on others?” —Lydia M. Child
Related: 13 Happy Quotes to Lift Your Spirits