Talli Osborne on Embracing Your Differences
This episode is sponsored by altMBA.
Born with no arms and missing many of the bones in her legs, Talli Osborne, who stands just 3 feet, 5 inches tall, is inspiring thousands with her confidence and ability to embrace rather than hide behind her disability. But the real inspiration happens when she’s onstage, like at TEDxToronto, challenging people to embrace their differences. Listen to this inspiring interview with SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and learn how to let your inner self sparkle.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- Osborne spent 19 years wearing prosthetic limbs to “fit in” with her classmates. Learn how she discovered that her uniqueness is what makes her unapologetically herself.
- Hear how Osborne found inspiration and strength through punk rock music and the sub-culture of friends she found there.
- Embracing your differences requires truly understanding who you are and what you stand for. Start with some of Osborne’s tips.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Instead being neutral about your curves, your bigger nose, your blonde hair or your curly hair, or whatever the thing is that you think makes you different that you don’t like. Instead of being neutral about it or even disliking it, embrace it and let it sparkle. Show the world you love that quirk that you have, because you’re gonna meet somebody and people that love that about you.”
You might also like…
- 29 Beautiful Stories That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity
- Top of Mind: 5 Important Reasons to Put Yourself First
- Why You Need to Surround Yourself With People Who Lift You Up
- Women: Stop Holding Yourself to the Impossible Standard of Superwoman
- Thanks to altMBA for sponsoring SUCCESS Talks. altMBA is now accepting applications. To find out more, visit altmba.com/successtalks. For special consideration, mention this podcast in your application and tell them SUCCESS sent you!
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.