One day you’re a naive 19-year-old promoter trying to convince 800 people to line up outside a club on a Thursday night; the next day, you’re discovering platinum artists like Justin Bieber. Scooter Braun, owner of SB Projects, one of the most powerful talent management companies in entertainment, blames blind determination, hard work and a little luck for his success. In this interview with SUCCESS.com Shelby Skrhak, Braun reveals his past struggles with depression, the power of vulnerability and why you should always remember that—good or bad— life can change overnight.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- Hear Braun’s story of being a teenage club promoter turned owner of the one of the most powerful talent management companies in entertainment.
- Braun says your ego can’t get in the way. For him, it’s a daily reminder that at any moment, everything he’s worked for could vanish as quickly as he’s earned it. Learn how to develop perspective in your life.
- Depression doesn’t just affect those going through difficult times. Listen to hear how Braun’s struggle with depression gave him a new understanding of fear.
- After the terrorist attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, Braun remained calm and took control. Learn how he’s developed the ability to stay strong and aware in even the most tragic situations.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“I’ve had an amazing run in my career. It could end tomorrow. I have artists who love me and I love them, but they could call me tomorrow and say ‘I don’t wanna work with you.’ I’ve embraced the fact that one day I might get screwed. If that day come, and artists I’ve had incredible runs with just break my heart one day. You know what? I still got to do stuff that was actually really incredible. When that day comes, I’ll deal with it. Until then, I’ll be grateful for today.”
You might also like…
- Scooter Braun Stands Up [Nov. 2017 cover story]
- 9 Golden Lessons for Success From Scooter Braun
- 5 Ways Being Vulnerable Can Make You Happier
- Meet Your Biggest Goals With the Power of Uncertainty
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.