A sense of urgency can be one of the biggest drivers of success. But like most things that grow from consistency, acting on your goals every single day takes a powerful hunger, a strong sense of mission-based drive.
Without a track record of constant progress to remind you of where you’re going, fear and doubt can stall you out. Don’t let inaction kill your motivation―take action instead. Wake up with a clear, defined purpose and tackle all the things that will bring you closer to your goals.
Related: 6 Ways to Act on Your Ambition
You can get started right now with inspiration from these 13 motivating quotes.
1. “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” ―Thomas Jefferson
2. “The path to success is to take massive, determined actions.” ―Tony Robbins
3. “An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied.” ―Arnold Glasow
4. “God provides the wind, but man must raise the sails.” ―St. Augustine
5. “Be content to act, and leave the talking to others.” ―Baltasar Gracian
7. “Let your performance do the thinking.” ―Charlotte Brontë
8. “Well done is better than well said.” ―Benjamin Franklin
9. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” ―Dale Carnegie
10. “Action is the antidote to despair.” ―Joan Baez
11. “Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of mission.” ―Zig Ziglar
12. “There is only one proof of ability—action.” ―Marie Ebner-Eschenbach
13. “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear.” ―Norman Vincent Peale
Related: 6 Tips to Set and Achieve Your Biggest Goals
SUCCESS is your guide for personal and professional development through inspiration, motivation and training.