21 Motivational Quotes About Strength
Life is filled with highs and lows—valleys and peaks that will test your resilience, that will push you to overcome challenges—and the lessons you’ll learn on your way to the top will only make you stronger, better.
Find your will to keep climbing with these motivational quotes about strength.
Related: 7 Reasons You Need Mental Strength to Be Successful
1. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” —Arnold Schwarzenegger
2. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” —Ernest Hemingway
3. “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me…. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” —Walt Disney
4. “There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.” —Booker T. Washington
5. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” —Vernon Howard
6. “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” —LeBron James
7. “There are better starters than me but I’m a strong finisher.” —Usain Bolt
8. “He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.” —Louisa May Alcott
9. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” —Napoleon Hill
10. “Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it.” —Joel Osteen
11. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” —Robert H. Schuller
12. “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” —William Ellery Channing
13. “Nothing is more beautiful than the smile that has struggled through the tears.” —Demi Lovato
14. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” —Audrey Hepburn
15. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” —Friedrich Nietzsche
16. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” —Susan Gale
17. “Be very strong… be very methodical in your life if you want to be a champion.” —Alberto Juantorena
18. “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” —Drew Barrymore
19. “I like feeling strong. It keeps my mental floor higher.” —Pink
20. “I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ’Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” —Thomas Paine
21. “Stay strong. Stand up. Have a voice.” —Shawn Johnson
Related: 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
Lydia Sweatt is a freelance writer, bookworm, and bass guitar enthusiast. When she goes outside, a bicycle goes with her.
Oww these motivational quotes are awesome, I am feeling strong now
These motivational quotas are really good at. These have given me immense inspiration, people should stay motivated towards their work. If you have persistent energy inside you then you are absolutely successful.
Those inspirational quotes are amazing and I really enjoyed reading them. Thank you