Margie Warrell on Making Your Mark
What do you do when you feel stuck? Margie Warrell, fear expert and author of Make Your Mark: A Guidebook for the Bravehearted, says we often have all of the answers to life’s big questions. Sometimes we just need time and reflection to bring those answers to light. SUCCESS Editor-in-Chief Josh Ellis and Warrell discuss living bravely, finding your passion and making a deep assessment of your current goals.
This interview appears on the SUCCESS Talks Collection, available in the April 2017 edition of SUCCESS magazine.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- Learn why you need to give yourself time to sit quietly and reflect on what you really want in life.
- Are you afraid of failing? Does it stop you from trying? Learn how reflection can you overcome those feelings.
- Start your reflections by asking yourself:
- What are my strengths? Weaknesses?
- What’s a problem that needs to be solved in the world?
- How can you contribute to a greater cause?
- What do you believe in? What are you values?
- Find your purpose to achieve your dreams. Let yourself reflect on what it means to contribute and dedicate your life to something bigger than yourself.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Our ‘shoulds’ are often driven by external expectations and social norms. And often they aren’t in alignment with what it is we truly want to do.”
You might also like…
- Failing Fast and Succeeding: How Smart Women Build Confidence
- Why You Need ‘Just Be’ for 10 Minutes a Day
- If You’re Searching for Purpose, Ask Yourself These 5 Questions
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.