Jim Rohn was a major force in the personal development world. He taught us that being successful is a choice, and even further, he taught us how to achieve it. When he passed away in 2009, we continued to spread his remarkable philosophy―because it’s just that monumental.
No matter how tough the road to personal achievement gets, we will always have some guidance in the form of Rohn’s wisdom. Celebrate his life and legacy today with 17 of his most insightful quotes.
Related: Check out the best of Jim Rohn!
1. “Start from wherever you are and with whatever you’ve got.”
2. “Without constant activity, the threats of life will soon overwhelm the values.”
3. “The more you care, the stronger you can be.”
4. “If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.”
5. “Character is a quality that embodies many important traits, such as integrity, courage, perseverance, confidence and wisdom. Unlike your fingerprints that you are born with and can’t change, character is something that you create within yourself and must take responsibility for changing.”
6. “The big challenge is to become all that you have the possibility of becoming. You cannot believe what it does to the human spirit to maximize your human potential and stretch yourself to the limit.”
7. “You cannot change your decision overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.”
8. “Don’t say, ‘If I could, I would.’ Say, ‘If I can, I will.’”
9. “Discipline has within it the potential for creating future miracles.”
10. “Life is not just the passing of time. Life is the collection of experiences and their intensity.”
11. “Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying basic fundamentals.”
12. “If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.”
13. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.”
14. “Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins.”
15. “Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life works out.”
16. “How long should you try? Until.”
17. “We must all wage an intense, lifelong battle against the constant downward pull. If we relax, the bugs and weeds of negativity will move into the garden and take away everything of value.”
Related: 10 Unforgettable Quotes by Jim Rohn