Fear, doubt and worry are only feelings, but in the heat of the moment, they can seem as real as the air we breathe. Although the sensations can be overwhelming, one thing is for sure: It’s all in your head.
When the going gets tough, it takes a special kind of mental toughness to fight those emotions. Use these 17 motivational quotes as your personal reminder to strengthen your mind, because no matter how great the challenge, your will can be greater.
12. “Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from indomitable will.” ―Mahatma Gandhi
13. “Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don’t so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head.” ―Joe Henderson
14. “Strength isn’t about bearing a cross of grief or shame. Strength comes from choosing your own path, and living with the consequences.” ―Jenny Trout
15. “Make sure your worst enemy doesn’t live between your own two ears.” ―Laird Hamilton
17. “Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them―a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” ―Muhammad Ali