Q: I have a business idea but am struggling to turn it into a reality. I get distracted with other tasks or begin second-guessing myself. Do you have any advice for making it happen?
A: One thing you can focus on is compression—getting more things done in less time. It’ll allow you to complete more legwork on your business more quickly. Here are some tips for being better at compression:
2. Brainstorm possible roadblocks and try to minimize them.
3. Seek outside counsel (coaches, lawyers, mentors).
4. Build a written timeline and have easy access to it by saving it on your phone.
5. Be accountable by having checkpoints with a peer, boss, client or customer.
6. Mentally own your project and take responsibility for any problems that arise.
7. Don’t get too bogged down in the details.
This article originally appeared in the September 2017 issue of SUCCESS magazine.