What will you be known for when you leave this earth? The most influential people, the ones who leave behind incredible legacies, will live on in the hearts of the people they touch. Physically, they will no longer be a part of society—but their principles, philosophies and achievements will become immortal, spreading from generation to generation.
You can start making your mark on the world today by pushing yourself to greatness. Take control of your destiny with these 11 motivating quotes, and leave behind an inspiring legacy for to all to see.
1. “All good men and women must take responsibility to create legacies that will take the next generation to a level we could only imagine.” —Jim Rohn
2. “Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones. A legacy is etched into the minds of others and the stories they share about you.” —Shannon L. Alder
3. “If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” —Benjamin Franklin
4. “No legacy is so rich as honesty.” —William Shakespeare
5. “I think the whole world is dying to hear someone say, ‘I love you.’ I think that if I can leave the legacy of love and passion in the world, then I think I’ve done my job in a world that’s getting colder and colder by the day.” —Lionel Richie
6. “That is your legacy on this Earth when you leave this Earth: how many hearts you touched.” —Patti Davis
7. “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” —William James
8. “Immortality is to live your life doing good things, and leaving your mark behind.” —Brandon Lee
9. “You make your mark by being true to who you are and letting that be your staple.” —Kat Graham
10. “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.” —Benjamin Disraeli
11. “Your story is the greatest legacy that you will leave to your friends. It’s the longest-lasting legacy you will leave to your heirs.” —Steve Saint
Related: This Is How You Leave a Legacy