Life is a wild card. You never know what new challenge or obstacle’s coming next, but you always have two options: take control or fold under pressure.
Because it’s not always about what happens to you. Sometimes it’s about how you choose to handle the storms—to keep moving forward with your life when uncertainty is raging around you. The strongest people don’t quit, they simply grab their umbrellas.
Related: 11 Ways to Stay Motivated From People Who Refused to Quit
So how do you know if you’re killing it in life? If you have a never-give-up attitude, much like these 15 motivating quotes, then you’re well on your way to crushing anything that comes your way.
You’ve got this.
1. “A ship is always safe at shore, but that’s not what it’s built for.” —Albert Einstein
2. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” —Michael Jordan
3. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand
4. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want.” —Oprah Winfrey
5. “We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.” —Marilyn Monroe
6. “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” —Malala Yousafzai
7. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” —Nora Ephron
8. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” —Bruce Lee
9. “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.” —Henry Rollins
10. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” —Steve Jobs
11. “The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands dirty.” —Roland Tiangco
12. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” —Winston S. Churchill
13. “If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it’s OK. But you’ve got to shoot for something. A lot of people don’t even shoot.” —Confucius
14. “It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” —Mae Jemison
15. “Only those who are willing to risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” —T.S. Elliot
Related: Do These 30 Things If You Want to Be Unstoppable