Calling all Dallas entrepreneurs and inventors, big-thinkers and self-starters: Think you have an awesome idea? Or maybe you’re already working on the next big thing? Well, lucky for you, your big break is on its way—and it’s coming in an uberSUV.
Today, March 3, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., six of Dallas’ top venture capitalists will be riding around the downtown area—aka the “pitch zone”—ready to hear your idea. Are you getting this? You could have 15 minutes to pitch whatever you’re passionate about to someone who could actually help make it a reality. From the backseat of a freakin’ car.
And it’s all because Uber has teamed up with The Dallas Entrepreneur Center for #UberPITCH, the ride-hailing app’s coolest commodity yet. (But we’re biased. I mean, our name is SUCCESS.)
“UberPITCH is a collaborative project to bring even more innovation to the ever-growing Dallas startup community.” –Uber.com
So what do you need to know to take advantage of this awesome opportunity? Here’s how it works, via Uber.com:
- Apply PITCHDALLAS in your app
- On Thursday, March 3, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., anyone can request PITCH through the app.
- If connected, a car will arrive at your location with a venture capitalist.
- You’ll have 15 minutes to pitch your idea or startup.
- The venture capitalist will ask questions and provide feedback.
- All UberPITCH rides will be free.
Demand will be high. If no venture capitalists are available, please try again.
But we’re not worried, because persistence is part of your DNA as an entrepreneur. When your venture capitalist has arrived, good luck! And wear your seatbelt!
Check out Uber.com for all the deets, and to meet the VCs who’ll be buckled up right next to you.