Author of the best-seller The 4-Hour Workweek, Tim Ferris has met with and interviewed some of the biggest names in business, sports and entertainment. His mission is to learn from the world’s greatest achievers and share their wisdom to help you live your best life. In his newest book, Tools of Titans, Ferriss shares the secrets he’s collected throughout the years and breaks down what it means to be healthy, wealthy and wise. He joins SUCCESS Editor-in-Chief Josh Ellis to chat about the book, building resilience and why we are often the biggest obstacles to our own success.
This interview appears on the SUCCESS Talks Collection, available in the May 2017 edition of SUCCESS magazine.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- Ferriss says we can learn from others rather than spending our lives learning through trial and error. Who in your life is worth shadowing for a day?
- Tools of Titans is the notebook to end all notebooks. Learn the secrets Ferriss has collected from the world’s biggest achievers throughout the year.
- Become a forever student. Not because you think you should or because you feel guilty for not improving, but because you’re excited and curious and ready to improve.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“I want to be striving for improvement from a place of excitement and curiosity, not from a place of guilt or a feeling of incompleteness that leads to, ultimately, a dissatisfaction no matter how good you become.”
You might also like…
- The Tim Ferriss Way: Life Is a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Game
- 10 Tips to Achieve Anything You Want in Life
- 31 Things That Happen When You Finally Decide to Live Your Dreams
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.