Dr. Kelly Flanagan on Worthiness, Belonging and Purpose
This episode is sponsored by altMBA.
Every person has a unique story, but within all of us lies a motivation to understand our past in order to better our future. That’s what prompted Kelly Flanagan, Ph.D., to begin writing the popular blog UnTangled and the recent book, Loveable. SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and Flanagan provide an emotional interview about the power of connectivity and self-worth.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don't miss an episode!
- A healthy relationship springs from having a healthy relationship with yourself. Learn how Flanagan's letters to his daughter taught him important lessons about life.
- Self-worth and self-esteem are tricky concepts that ebb and flow as we age. Hear why it's important to keep that positive voice inside your head loud and strong.
- Learn the important difference between achieving to feed your self-worth versus achieving to prove your self-worth.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“I’m worthy by virtue of my very existence. And that means everyone around me also is worthy by virtue of their very existence. I realize that I’m walking in a world of worthy people and I can treat people as such and I can expect to be treated as such. Then life becomes a lot more compassionate and caring and supportive."
You might also like...
- 8 Reasons Self-Care Isn’t Selfish
- 43 Ways to Improve Yourself in Just 10 Minutes
- Why You Need to Surround Yourself With People Who Lift You Up
- ‘I Don’t Suck. I’m Just Too Hard on Myself’
- Thanks to altMBA for sponsoring SUCCESS Talks. altMBA is now accepting applications. To find out more, visit altmba.com/successtalks. For special consideration, mention this podcast in your application and tell them SUCCESS sent you!
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.