Jordan Harbinger on How Opportunity Lies Over the Horizon
Growing up, Jordan Harbinger wasn’t the smartest kid in the class. He received good grades, but most of his success was based on charm. Flash forward a few decades and Harbinger has transformed that charm and understanding of relationships into a thriving business and popular podcast, The Art of Charm. Ellis and Harbinger chat about the importance of soft skills, the misunderstood aspects of networking and the underestimated importance of the first impression.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- Relationships are the key to success. So says Harbinger, who worked his way up in Wall Street through connections, relationships and understanding how people think.
- Your true friends are those who believe in you and your vision. Surround yourself with people who trust in your journey.
- So many entrepreneurs are getting into business because they want the flexible lifestyle, but they don’t want the busines. You have to ask yourself the tough questions.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“When things work out in a different way than expected, you can’t try to shoehorn the square peg through the round hole because you will drive yourself crazy. You’ll drive your team crazy and the level of stress you’ll end up putting on yourself—in addition to just running the business—can drive you under the water.”
You might also like…
- 20 Misused Words That Make Smart People Look Dumb
- 9 Ways to Be More Charming
- Success Takes Time and Hard Work—Follow These 5 Steps to Stick With It to the End
- Quiz: Do You Have the Entrepreneurial Mindset?
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.