21 Insightful Quotes About Embracing Change
Fall is upon us—the air is getting cooler, the days are getting shorter and soon there will be autumn leaves collecting at our feet in tiny ochre mounds.
Just as the earth prepares for a change—the most constant thing it has ever known—by adapting constantly to a new way of existing, you can learn to embrace the changes that life throws your way. And with the right mindset, what once seemed like an obstacle becomes an opportunity to grow.
Related: 3 Tips to Open Your Heart, Mind and Life to Change
As you head into the new season, here are 21 quotes to help you champion the changes in your life, planned or unplanned.
1. “The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings.” —Kakuzō Okakura, The Book of Tea
2. “Adaptability is about the powerful difference between adapting to cope and adapting to win.” —Max McKeown
3. “I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better.” —Georg C. Lichtenberg
4. “The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change.” —Bill Clinton
5. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” —John F. Kennedy
6. “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” —Buckminster Fuller
7. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” —Jim Rohn
8. “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” —Henry Ford
9. “When in doubt, choose change.” —Lily Leung
10. “Change is inevitable. Change is constant.” —Benjamin Disraeli
11. “All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another.” —Anatole France
12. “Become a student of change. It is the only thing that will remain constant.” —Anthony D’Angelo
13. “When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge.” —Tuli Kupferberg
14. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” —Victor Frankl
15. “You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler.” —Denis Waitley
16. “Change before you have to.” —Jack Welch
17. “To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.” —Henri Bergson
18. “Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights.” —Pauline R. Kezer
19. “Those who expect moments of change to be comfortable and free of conflict have not learned their history.” —Joan Wallach Scott
20. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” —Lao Tzu
21. “Of course there is no formula for success except, perhaps, an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings.” —Arthur Rubinstein
Related: It Only Takes 6 Steps to Change Your Life
Lydia Sweatt is a freelance writer, bookworm, and bass guitar enthusiast. When she goes outside, a bicycle goes with her.
Leave a Comment