What makes a great leader? What does that kind of leadership look like?
Let these words show you what it means to become a leader, and then allow them to empower you to lead well.
1. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” – Jack Welch
2. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan
3. “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
4. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
5. “There is no investment you can make which will pay you so well as the effort to scatter sunshine and good cheer through your establishment.” – Orison Swett Marden
6. “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” – Peter Drucker
7. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” – Rosalynn Carter
8. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself. It is precisely that simple and it is also that difficult.” – Warren Bennis