Ep. 11: To Complain or Not Complain
Josh and Shelby chat with author Mary Carlomagno about why she challenged herself to not complain for 30 days and how it changed her life. Then a reader complaint spurs a lively conversation about societal tendencies that may hold back women.
- Mary Carlomagno gives up complaining for a month and lives to tell the tale. Hear how her challenge opened space in her life for positive interactions.
- We’re surrounded by complainers. Carlomagno says the biggest challenge was retraining her brain to either react positively or not react at all.
- Plus, listen in to hear how Josh reads through a reader complaint and how Shelby deals with “mommy guilt” in the workplace.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“In the best-case scenario, that’s what Facebook and social media can be. It can be the positive change that keeps going instead of being a vehicle for people to vent or get upset…. I certainly learned through this [challenge].”
You might also like…
- What Happened When I Didn’t Complain for 30 Days
- Instead of Complaining, Remember These 10 Things
- Girls Are Unstoppable in Next Phase of Always ‘Like a Girl’ Campaign
- Women in the Workplace
SUCCESS Insider is a weekly podcast to engage, educate and inspire emerging leaders and success seekers.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!
Catch up on all episodes at SUCCESS.com/podcasts.