Ep. 66: 5 Keys to a Healthier Brain
On this week’s episode, Josh and Shelby focus on the mind. They chat with Dr. Daniel Amen, one of the world’s foremost experts on brain research, about why a healthy lifestyle starts with the brain and how we can practice good mental health daily. Plus, Josh and Shelby share how a simple five-minute exercise can be your key to a healthier brain.
Amen shares some of the questions that reveal certain brain types:
- Are you spontaneous?
- A bit impulsive?
- Are you persistent?
- Do you have trouble letting go of bad thoughts?
- Are you sensitive or anxious?
Answer more questions like these at amenclinics.com for a free brain type analysis.
Amen says the key to optimal brain health is good decision-making. Here are some of the best decisions you can make for your mind:
- Learn something new.
- Get enough sleep.
- Eat healthy nutritious, meals.
Josh and Shelby dive into a meditation segment, which turns out to be a tad difficult in the middle of a podcast recording.
Share your thoughts on this week’s episode with us at email@example.com.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Most people, when they think of success, the idea of their brain health never crosses their mind. But your brain’s involved in things like forethought, judgment, impulse control, organization, planning—those things that really make success work.”
—Dr. Daniel Amen
You might also like…
- FreshBooks is offering a 30-day, unrestricted free trial to our listeners. To claim it, just go to FreshBooks.com/insider and enter Success Insider in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
- Thanks to altMBA for sponsoring SUCCESS Insider. altMBA is now accepting applications. To find out more, visit altmba.com/successinsider. For special consideration, mention this podcast in your application and tell them SUCCESS sent you!
- Thanks to Slack for supporting SUCCESS Insider. Slack: Where work happens. Find out why at Slack.com.
SUCCESS Insider is a weekly podcast to engage, educate and inspire emerging leaders and success seekers.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!
Find complete SUCCESS Insider archives at SUCCESS.com/successinsider.
Find more SUCCESS podcasts at SUCCESS.com/podcasts.