This week’s episode is sponsored by FreshBooks.
What do you do to stay productive? On this week’s episode, Josh and Shelby share surprising secrets to productivity, which you can start today. We also chat with John Lee Dumas, host of the popular podcast Entrepreneur on Fire, about his new book The Mastery Journal.
- Some people think video games are a waste of time, but Josh prefers to play with a time-saving twist. Find out how he stays productive in a virtual world filled with Madden, FIFA and MLB.
- Dumas breaks down how to master productivity in 100 days.
- Plus, he shares three extra tips for productivity:
- Apply the Pomodoro Technique: Set a timer and focus on one task only.
- Think of Parkinson’s Law: If you give yourself 20 minutes for a task, that’s when your brain will push for completion.
- Think of Pareto’s Principle: Twenty percent of what you do makes 80 percent of the result.
- Shelby and Josh share more tips for getting through a work slump:
- Take a stretch break.
- Add a few drops of coconut oil and some butter to black coffee.
- Drink from a hydration tracker bottle.
- Listen to ambient music.
- Work in an unfamiliar place.
- Try some aromatherapy.
- Share your success story at [email protected].
Favorite quote from this episode:
“With productivity, you master it with daily self-evaluation.”
—John Lee Dumas
You might also like…
- 11 Ways to Stay Productive When You’re Tired
- 3 Productivity Habits of Successful People
- 5 Ways I Became More Productive Without TV
- FreshBooks is offering a 30-day, unrestricted free trial to our listeners. To claim it, just go to FreshBooks.com/insider and enter Success Insider in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!