Ever wonder how your co-worker gets so much done in so little time? They know how to put their time to best use. In this episode Josh and Shelby talk with productivity expert Laura Vanderkam about the weekend habits of highly productive people. Learn how being mindful about your 48-hour weekend can make it feel longer and more productive. Vanderkam shares ways to take advantage of your weekends and why tracking your time can be a difference maker. Plus Josh and Shelby discuss the three myths that are killing your productivity, and what you can do to overcome your limited time.
Has the five-day workweek become an anachronism? For some perhaps, but productivity and time tracking don’t have to be used for work. “There are more than 48 hours in the weekend,” Vanderkam says. “There are 60 hours between 6 p.m. quitting time on Friday and 6 a.m. starting time on Monday. Your off times deserve the same amount of mindfulness as your work time.”
- Learn how to turn your 48-hour weekend into 60 hours.
- Make your weekends more productive with this trick: Name 3 things you want to do this weekend that’d add to your energy level, and accomplish them.
- Willpower is a limited resource. Here’s why you should only use it on the most important stuff.
- Here’s why habits help you preserve your willpower.
- Learn how to track your time in 30-minute increments.
- Find out what Laura learned by tracking her time for a full year.
- Download the free time-tracking tool that Laura used to track her time for a full year at lauravanderkam.com.
- We discuss the time-tracking apps Toggle and Smarter Time.
- We debunk “Don’t check email in the morning” and other productivity myths.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Done is better than perfect.”
You might also like:
- 3 Myths That Are Killing Your Productivity and What to Do Instead
- What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast
- What the Most Successful People Do on the Weekend
- Find Laura Vanderkam’s What the Most Successful People Do Trilogy in the SUCCESS Store.
SUCCESS Insider is a weekly podcast to engage, educate and inspire emerging leaders and success seekers.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!
Catch up on all episodes at SUCCESS.com/podcasts.