Ep. 19: SUCCESS Chat With Mel Robbins
Uber, Etsy, Upwork, eBay—if you’ve ever transacted on one of these platforms, then this episode is for you. In the August issue of SUCCESS magazine, the editors tackle the growing entrepreneurship trend of what’s been called the gig economy or sharing economy, and now what we’re calling the YouEconomy. Shelby and Josh explain why we’re calling it the YouEconomy and what it means to the way we work, play and live our lives. Plus we get time with best-selling author and SUCCESS contributing editor Mel Robbins who knows a thing or two about taking control of your life and mapping your own destiny.
- Flexible technology is what makes the YouEconomy possible. Market yourself or your businesses on social media and save money by building a digital storefront.
- When it comes to doing something new, fear of failure and criticism tend to hold us back. Mel Robbins says she deals with negative feedback by understanding that she’s tweaking something in her life that most people desire in theirs—freedom.
- Robbins’ Five-Second Rule is about acting on opportunity quickly. Josh talks about how he would apply the Five-Second Rule for success in dating and networking.
- You don’t have to quit your job to join the YouEconomy. Shelby shares how taking small steps toward managing your time allows you to control your life as a YouEconomist.
- Want more inspiring ideas to make your life better? Enter our SUCCESS Insider giveaway for free access to a SUCCESS Academy course, Jim Rohn Foundations for Success. This course features Tony Robbins, John C. Maxwell, Les Brown and others sharing the lessons that the late personal development legend Jim Rohn taught them. All you have do is email a screenshot of your rating or review of SUCCESS Insider to firstname.lastname@example.org. See contest details below.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“One of the best things that you can do for your soul, that you can do for your bank account, that you can do for your future… is to listen to yourself and to pursue things that actually interest you.”
You might also like:
SUCCESS Insider is a weekly podcast to engage, educate and inspire emerging leaders and success seekers.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!
Catch up on all episodes at SUCCESS.com/podcasts.
SUCCESS INSIDER GIVEAWAY RULES
When to enter:
SUCCESS magazine’s SUCCESS Insider giveaway begins July 12, 2016, and ends July 26, 2016, at 11:59 PM Central Time (CT). By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the following rules of the contest and states that they are 18 years old or older.
Who may enter:
Contestants must be eighteen (18) years old or older. Individuals affiliated with SUCCESS magazine, SUCCESS Partners or any of its affiliates—employees, interns, contractors, and their immediate families (children, siblings and spouses) and others living in their households—are not eligible to enter the contest. SUCCESS magazine at its sole discretion will determine a contestants’ eligibility.
How to enter:
Contestants may enter by submitting a snapshot of their rating for review of the SUCCESS Insider podcast in iTunes or other platform to email@example.com. By entering the contest, entrants grant SUCCESS a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, nonexclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of their submissions, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, and all other standard SUCCESS purposes. SUCCESS will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. No purchase is required to enter the contest.
Ten (10) winner(s) will be chosen at sole discretion random between July 27 and August 2 by the editorial staff of SUCCESS magazine. Winners will be notified via email between August 2 and August 12. The winners will receive free access to the SUCCESS Academy online course titled Jim Rohn Foundations for Success.
Jim Rohn Foundations for Success (online course), a $495 value