Ep. 1: SUCCESS Chat With Kendra Scott
Interview with designer and CEO Kendra Scott about the hot jewelry brand she built from $500 and why she’ll never make one particular entrepreneur mistake again. The hosts go back to their college days and share 21 things they wish they knew when they were age 21.
Scott built her business from a spare bedroom into a multimillion-dollar jewelry empire with more than 40 stand-alone Kendra Scott stores. Throughout her journey, Scott keeps family, philanthropy and a memory of her humble beginnings at the center of her world.
- Listening to your gut during the interview process—how do you hire people who share your values?
- Do you know your customer? Kendra loves to be in her stores and meeting her customers. How does she avoid burnout?
- How does Kendra make every day better than the day before? It starts with asking for help.
- Reader Question from @itsalexbarker: What mental hurdle has she faced that halted her progress?
- Plus, Josh and Shelby’s 21-year-old woulda, shoulda, coulda’s.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“I’m not afraid to ask for help. I think that entrepreneurs should know that that’s not a sign of weakness—that’s an incredible sign of strength.”
You might also like…
- Meet Kendra Scott, Homemade Millionaire
- How to: Nurture the Personal Growth of Your People
- 21 Things I Wish I Knew When I Was 21
- Make Your Success About Shining Your Light on the People Around You, Not Yourself.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!
Catch up on all episodes at SUCCESS.com/podcasts.