Peter Shankman on Replacing ‘Have to’ With ‘Get To’
This episode is sponsored by altMBA.
Our brains seem to run at one of two opposite speed: the achingly slow "afternoon brain" and the 8-mph, "I can't keep up with my ideas" brain. Sound familiar? Peter Shankman, host of the podcast Faster Than Normal and author of a book of the same name, says it's all about learning to harness and manipulate both brain speeds. Dive into this interview with SUCCESS.com's Shleby Skrhak and Shankman as they talk through the stigmas surrounding ADD and ADHD, plus learn the best tactics for controlling your moments of genius.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don't miss an episode!
- Many successful leaders and entrepreneurs have battled with ADHD and ADD. Learn how they harness their zones of focus to achieve incredible results.
- Listen to hear Shankman's best practices for avoiding distractions and getting things done quickly and efficiently.
- Part of managing your own moments of genius comes with knowing yourself and your tendencies. Shankman often sleeps in his gym clothes to ensure he sticks to his fitness goals. What could you do to streamline your day?
- Changing your mindset means not considering the gym a punishment, but an opportunity to be healthier, lose a little weight and de-stress. Shankman says your ability to frame your to-do's can drastically change your output.
Favorite quote from this episode:
"If we spent one-quarter of the time that we do complaining about things actually putting them into action, our lives would be so much easier.”
You might also like...
- Ask These Questions to Reframe Your Perspective on Life
- 5 Questions I Ask Myself When I Start Losing Focus
- 11 Genius Tips to Be More Decisive
- Why Managing My Energy Made My Life’s Big Moments Even Better
- Thanks to altMBA for sponsoring SUCCESS Talks. altMBA is now accepting applications. To find out more, visit altmba.com/successtalks. For special consideration, mention this podcast in your application and tell them SUCCESS sent you!
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.