Waking up with positive, infectious energy isn’t as hard as you think. If you’re struggling to make your day a great one,
try practicing gratefulness. It could be the thought of the rising sun that warms you, the trees that shade you or even the fact that you woke up to see it all one more time.
Related: 6 Quick Mood-Boosters to Brighten Your Day
To fully embrace the beauty of life, tell yourself how wonderful it is. Convince yourself that this day will be one worth smiling for, and watch how your mindset mirrors
your positive thinking.
Get started right now by putting these 15 uplifting affirmations to work.
1. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ―
Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “If you have
good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” ― Roald Dahl
3. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.” ―
4. “Being miserable is a habit;
being happy is a habit; and the choice is yours.” ― Tom Hopkins
5. “I wake up every day and I think, ‘I’m breathing! It’s a good day.’ ” ―
6. “Waking up this morning,
I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
7. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive―to breathe, to think, to enjoy,
to love.” ― Marcus Aurelius
8. “Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it.” ―
10. “Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all.” ―
11. “This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before.” ―
12. “Every day above earth is a good day.” ―
13. “We know nothing of tomorrow; our business is to
be good and happy today.” ― Sydney Smith
14. “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” ―
15. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” ―
Related: 15 Uplifting Quotes for Positive Vibes
Lydia Sweatt is a freelance writer, bookworm, and bass guitar enthusiast. When she goes outside, a bicycle goes with her.