When you’re faced with the decision to
step outside your comfort zone, which will you choose: courage or comfort?
Your answer depends on your relationship with fear. Overcoming such an intense emotion isn’t easy, but you can change the narrative by stepping out from behind your fear and taking some powerful, calculated risks.
These 15 quotes about being brave will help you get started as you work to find your courage.
Related: How to Build Your Courage to Achieve Anything
1. “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.” ―
Franklin P. Jones
2. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” ―
3. “It is
courage, courage, courage, that raises the blood of life to crimson splendor. Live bravely and present a brave front to adversity.” ― Horace
4. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” ―
5. “The best way out is always through.” ―
You can choose courage, or you can choose comfort, but you cannot choose both.” ― Brené Brown
7. “Being brave means knowing that when you fail, you don’t fail forever.” ―
Lana Del Rey
8. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become.” ―
9. “Be brave.
Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” ― Paulo Coelho
10. “Fortune always favors the brave, and never helps a man who does not help himself.” ―
P. T. Barnum
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” ― Coco Chanel
12. “To a brave man, good and bad luck are like his left and right hand. He uses both.” ―
St. Catherine of Siena
14. “Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.” ―
15. “You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” ―
Mary Tyler Moore
Related: Top of Mind: 6 Courage-Building Tips From Bold Achievers