SUCCESS Recipes: Kale Caesar Salad
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups croutons
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 batch Lime Caesar Dressing (see below)
- Optional: 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- Lime Caesar Dressing ingredients:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons anchovy paste, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons milk (cow, soy, almond or coconut)
1. Make dressing. Add all dressing ingredients except milk to a small mixing bowl, and whisk together until combined and smooth. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until the dressing reaches your desired consistency. Use immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to three days.
2. Combine ingredients. Add the kale, romaine, croutons, Parmesan, dressing and tomatoes (if using) to a large bowl. Toss until combined.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
This article originally appeared in the August 2016 issue of SUCCESS magazine.