Simon Sinek on the Millennial Question
This episode is sponsored by altMBA.
How do we manage millennials? It’s a question confounding employers across the globe. Simon Sinek, best-selling author, speaker and strategist says it comes down to empathy. In this interview with guest host Tom Bilyeu, Sinek expands on “The Millennial Question” that caused a viral stir. Plus, learn the techniques to foster real communication in the workplace.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don't miss an episode!
- Learn why Sinek says modern parenting styles have disabled millennials from understanding the realities of the working world.
- You can't go to the gym for eight hours and suddenly be fit. But you can work out for 20 minutes a day and over time, get in shape. The same goes for business. Learn how immediate gratification can debilitate leaders.
- Sinek thinks cell phones should be banned in meetings, but maybe in the whole company building. Hear his thoughts on how technology is not only reshaping, but harming the workplace.
Favorite quote from this episode:
"I think we often confuse taking care of people and offering them excessive affirmation. Taking care of people means 'I want to see you grow. I want to see you build your self-confidence. I want to see you learn accountability, responsibility. I’m gonna give you opportunities to fall and try again, and fall and try again.' "
You might also like...
- Simon Sinek on the Millennial Question
- 5 Ways to Motivate Millennials
- 6 Powerful Personality Traits of Influencers
- Leaders Eat Last
- Thanks to altMBA for sponsoring SUCCESS Talks. altMBA is now accepting applications. To find out more, visit altmba.com/successtalks. For special consideration, mention this podcast in your application and tell them SUCCESS sent you!
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.