Ep. 78: Daily Habits to Help You Bounce Back
On this week’s episode, we learn about the power of resiliency. We hear lessons from Dr. Andrew Shatte, and we hear how Josh's resiliency was tested recently.
- Josh and Shelby talk about internet surfing worm holes and the invention of the slinky. Learn why resiliency seems like an easy concept that's actually quite difficult in practice.
- Andrew Shatte lists the seven competencies of resiliency:
- Emotion control
- Behavior control
- Impulse control
- Problem-solving ability
- Realistic optimism
- Competency for dealing with good times
- Shatte developed a questionnaire based on the seven competencies to determine how well a person deals with unexpected outcomes, failures and negative times in their lives.
Favorite quote from this episode:
"Just as there’s a radar that leads to sadness, there’s one that leads to happiness. We can help people look for what’s going well in their lives so they experience that happiness, too."
You might also like:
- Rohn: 7 Traits of the Most Resilient People
- 6 Ways to Keep Your Attitude Up When Life Tries to Bring You Down
- 5 Ways to Bounce Back When Life Knocks You Down
- SaneBox is offering a 14-day free trial for our listeners. Sign up at sanebox.com/insider to receive a $20 account credit for your SaneBox subscription.
- Thanks to altMBA for sponsoring SUCCESS Insider. altMBA is now accepting applications. To find out more, visit altmba.com/successinsider. For special consideration, mention this podcast in your application and tell them SUCCESS sent you!
SUCCESS Insider is a weekly podcast to engage, educate and inspire emerging leaders and success seekers.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!