David and Jonah Stillman on Generation Z
This episode is sponsored by altMBA.
Generation Z, born between 1995 and 2012, is a group that no one seems to be talking about. So father and son David and Jonah Stillman, co-authors of Gen Z @ Work: How the Next Generation Is Transforming the Workplace, are out to raise awareness and share their research into how this generation is reshaping our future. SUCCESS Editor-in-Chief Josh Ellis sits down with the duo to learn how they navigate their partnership and why we should take a second look at the expectations of the 73 million people who are growing up in a hyper-customized and connected world.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don't miss an episode!
- Mixing family and business is never easy. Learn how father and son make it work.
- It seems everyone under the age of 30 is considered a millennial. Hear why learning and understanding this hyper-connected generation is vital for business.
- "Figital" is a term that encompassess Gen Z's lives: everything physical has a digital equivalent. How does that change how you're communicating with future generations?
Favorite quote from this episode:
“We are "we-conomists." We are really party of the shared economy. Gen Z sees no reason why, for example, I should go out and spent $20,000 on a car when there’s apps like Uber, Or when my sink breaks, why would I have to go buy a whole new sink and buy tools to fix it, when I can hire somebody on Task Rabbit? We’re really resourceful in the ways that we are using these apps that are available to us.”
You might also like...
- Introducing the YouEconomy
- HGTV’s Property Brothers Model the Ways to Successfully Mix Family and Business
- A Guide to Surviving (and Thriving) in the Gig Economy
- Thanks to altMBA for sponsoring SUCCESS Talks. altMBA is now accepting applications. To find out more, visit altmba.com/successtalks. For special consideration, mention this podcast in your application and tell them SUCCESS sent you!
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.