Amy Blankson on Staying Grounded in a Digital Era
Technology has simultaneously simplified and complicated our lives. Amy Blankson, co-founder of Goodthink Inc. and best-selling author, says that doesn't mean we should all venture back to a pre-smartphone era; it's unrealistic. Although a digital detox can be a nice reminder, it's not a long-term solution for those looking to build balance. In this interview with SUCCESS.com's Shelby Skrhak, Blankson offers tangible ways to stay grounded in the digital era.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don't miss an episode!
- The rise of technology has enabled us to do more, but it also brings a host of side effects that leave us vulnerable to depression, anxiety and other issues. Learn why it's important to evaluate how large of a role technology plays in your life.
- At the end of the day, technology is just a tool, Blankson says. It shouldn't have the ability to control your mood. Hear her tips on taking back control of your emotions.
- Implement Blankson's three strategies for building optimism and living an intentional life in the digital era.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Just taking two seconds at the beginning of the day to set your intention as an individual, human being for your life—how you wanna interact—that helps you to be more effective, more focused and more the person that you want to be.”
You might also like...
- What I Learned About Relationships From 30 Days Without Texting
- Why Social Media Is Ruining Your Self-Esteem—and How to Stop It
- You Are in Control of Your Happiness
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.