Morra Aarons-Mele on Embracing Your Introvert Nature
When you imagine high achievers, a soft-spoken introvert doesn’t typically come to mind. Morra Aarons-Mele fights that stereotype with her social impact marketing agency, Women Online, and her new book Hiding in the Bathroom: An Introvert’s Roadmap for Getting Out There When You’d Rather Stay Home. Aaron-Mele gets real with SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak about anxiety, societal pressure and the ever-increasing push to “lean in” when you should really be giving yourself a break.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- After quitting her 10th job at age 29, learn how Aarons-Mele, who struggled with anxiety and depression, realized she needed to make a change.
- “Successful” and “Introvert” tend to be at odds with each other in our society. Aarons-Mele is out to prove that stereotype wrong.
- Aarons-Mele’s secret to recharging after intense social stimulation is to schedule a “Do not bother Morra hour.” Hear why that down time is so important for success.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Anxiety is normal. It has nothing to do with your level of success or ambition to admit that you have anxiety. Some of the things anxiety brings us can actually be great tools in our career. One of them is the ability to tune in to other people and the ability to be empathetic. Introverts excel at being comfortable listening and taking in what other people around us feel.”
You might also like…
- Ep. 65: Survival Tips for Introverts
- 11 Subtle Signs of Anxiety You Might Not Notice
- Introverted? Use These Tips to Rock Networking
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.