Michelle Phan on Following Your Calling
It all began with a single YouTube video in 2007. Michelle Phan, co-founder of ipsy, a beauty subscription company valued at $500 million, author, YouTube beauty influencer with more than 1.1 billion lifetime views and owner of the revamped cosmetics line, EM, says passion is what fuels her. Passion to be authentic, genuine and share her message and creativity with the world. In this interview with SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak, Phan details how she constructed her own version of success by embracing the idea that opportunity is endless; we just have to be willing to fight for it.
This interview appears on the SUCCESS Talks Collection, available in the May 2017 edition of SUCCESS magazine.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- Building a long-lasting successful business requires real, authentic relationships. Phan uses videos to connect with her fans in genuine way.
- Learn why passion is the only true way to chase your dreams. If you’re looking for money, it will never last.
- The greatest entrepreneurs build businesses out of a need to solve a problem. For Phan, it was to save her family from a life of poverty and overwork.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“There’s no excuse. How hungry are you? How badly do you want to do this? Why do you want do this?”
You might also like…
- 5 Steps to Turn Your Passion Into Your Profession
- Success: What Does It Really Mean?
- How to Find Your Life Motto to Realize Your True Potential
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.