Lori Greiner on Being a Hero Not a Zero
Meet Lori Greiner, “the warm-blooded shark” on the hit ABC show Shark Tank. A prolific inventor of retail products, Greiner built her empire from the ground up through old-fashioned elbow grease and willpower. “I never really set out to be an entrepreneur. I just was always thinking of ideas,” she says. Today she has created over 450 products and her own show on QVC. Greiner spreads her knowledge by investing in entrepreneurs whom she sees as potential heroes.
This interview appears on the SUCCESS Talks Collection February 2016 edition.
- How Lori Greiner overcame the most challenging part of entrepreneurship that we all face
- Focus on one product or branch out wide? Why developing many new products often is Greiner’s strategy
- Greiner reveals the surprisingly addictive part of product invention
- Why the Shark investor wakes up happy and charged up to go
- Why you shouldn’t fall in love with your own product and how to pivot when it’s not working
- Hear Greiner’s 3 indicators that a potential product can be a success: Is it something people need or want? Does it appeal to a broad audience? Can it be made at an affordable price?
Favorite Quote From This Episode:
“I can instantly tell if a product is going to be a hero or a zero.” — Lori Greiner
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included in every issue of SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a podcast. SUCCESS Talks features fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Anne Sweeney, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran. SUCCESS Talks focuses on helping the listener nurture and develop their mind, body and spirit. Each month is thematically different and includes key takeaways designed to help you achieve your biggest goals and live your true passion.
Catch up on all episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks.