JJ Virgin on Leaning Into Challenges
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
While JJ Virgin was working on her New York Times best-seller The Virgin Diet, her 16-year-old son was struck by a hit-and-run driver and so critically injured that his odds of surviving were minuscule. Virgin has opened up about the traumatic time in her life in her recent book Miracle Mindset. SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak sits down with Virgin to learn how she found the energy, strength and courage to overcome a challenge that could have crippled her.
This interview appears on the SUCCESS Talks Collection, available in the April 2017 edition of SUCCESS magazine.
- Tragedy can strike at any moment. Do you know how you’ll respond? Do you know how you’ll cope, heal and grow?
- Hear Virgin’s realization that our support system is vital. When you feel like you need to be alone, that’s when you need people the most. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Big decisions—especially when emotions are high—are never easy. Learn why you need to lean into those challenges and trust your gut.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“You’re never better when you’re challenged. The people who are the most successful, they’ve gone through the biggest challenges, and every time they’re faced with a challenge, they have to have that courage. They have to step up, and each time they do, they get more confidence. And that confidence makes them more resilient so that they can take on the next big thing and get that courage up.”
You might also like…
- 7 Traits of the Most Resilient People
- How to Build Your Courage to Achieve Anything
- 4 Steps to Make Decisions With Confidence
- Finding Hope in Tragedy
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.