Jimmie Johnson on Steering a Team and a Career to Success
Professional stock car driver Jimmie Johnson knows that success isn’t just a one-person show. The six-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion relies on each member of his team to play a vital role before and during every race. Johnson talks with SUCCESS magazine about speed, growth and the importance of teamwork. And Johnson offers this relatable nugget of information. We asked him who is Jimmie Johnson out of the racecar, off the camera? He answered simply, “A dad. A dad worried about carpool. I’ve got two children at two different schools at two different hours.”
This interview appears on the SUCCESS Talks Collection March 2016 edition.
- 3 tips from Jimmie Johnson on working with a team during your hectic season
- Have the right people around you so that hectic times are more bearable and productive
- Have an open dialogue with your team and keep communication flowing
- Have a personal outlet so that you can wind down and prepare for more of the busy
- Why Johnson is literally pulled 100 directions during race season and how he manages it
- Mario Andretti told SUCCESS his best racing tip, “Don’t look at the wall.” What is Johnson’s best tip?
- Why Johnson is so well-respected by his peers and critics alike and how you can be too
Favorite Quote From This Episode:
“My career had many different facets to it, from dirt to pavement, from two wheels to four wheels, but I’ve always loved to compete and the journey’s taken me a long way.” — Jimmie Johnson
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included in every issue of SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a podcast. SUCCESS Talks features fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Anne Sweeney, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran. SUCCESS Talks focuses on helping the listener nurture and develop their mind, body and spirit. Each month is thematically different and includes key takeaways designed to help you achieve your biggest goals and live your true passion.
Catch up on all episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks.