What does it take to become a badass? Jen Sincero, author of the best-selling book You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life, says it starts with being authentically and unapologetically our most real selves. Sincero dishes on how she transformed her life from broke and unhappy to confident and eager to take on whatever comes her way. SUCCESS Editor-in-Chief Josh Ellis and Sincero discuss real confidence, the dangers of ego and the importance of mindfulness when taking control of your life.
- Sincero wasn’t finding the humor and relatability in self-help books, so she wrote her own. How are you taking your future into your own hands?
- You won’t get to where you want to go if you keep doing what you’ve always done. Learn the power of taking risks.
- Change is the only sure thing in your life. Get comfortable with that and you’ll start to see growth and opportunity.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Perfectionism and procrastination have such a fine line. You say, ‘Well I want it to be good. I want it to be perfect.’ But what you’re really doing is not doing your work. You’re putting off showing up and being visible because then you’re going to be judged and it might suck.”
You might also like…
- The 3 Types of Procrastination and How to Beat It
- Relishing an Imperfect Life
- 5 Simple Strategies for Conquering Self-Doubt
- What I’ve Learned From Living Boldly and Taking Risks
- If You Change Yourself, You Can Change Your Life
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included in every issue of SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a podcast. SUCCESS Talks features fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Anne Sweeney, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran. SUCCESS Talks focuses on helping the listener nurture and develop their mind, body and spirit. Each month is thematically different and includes key takeaways designed to help you achieve your biggest goals and live your true passion.
Catch up on all episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!