Personal growth is a crucial part of any success plan. SUCCESS Ambassador John C. Maxwell has spent years working on his growth plan. He believes that “you never know capacity for growth until you start growing.” In this interview with former SUCCESS magazine publisher Darren Hardy, Maxwell discusses his book The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth. He explains the difference between accidental and intentional growth, and he shares which of the laws has been the most important in his life.
This interview appears on the SUCCESS Talks Collection April 2013.
- If you don’t learn and grow, how can you expect to guide others to learn and grow? Hear how Maxwell found the motivation to grow and develop as an individual before leading others.
- Maxwell says even high achievers only use about 25 percent of their potential. Commit to being a lifelong learner.
- Growing as an individual is only half the process. Find out how to apply what you’ve learned to impact those around you.
- Your journey to personal growth will fail if you don’t make an intentional choice to take the next step, every single day.
- Plus, Maxwell reveals the most important law in his life.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“It’s not brilliance that makes greatness; it’s consistency and focus.”
—John C. Maxwell
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included in every issue of SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a podcast. SUCCESS Talks features fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Anne Sweeney, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran. SUCCESS Talks focuses on helping the listener nurture and develop their mind, body and spirit. Each month is thematically different and includes key takeaways designed to help you achieve your biggest goals and live your true passion.
Catch up on all episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!