From the Archives: Jack Canfield on Overcoming Personal Challenges
Each new day brings new challenges and struggles. It’s a natural part of life to understand that much of that is out of our control. But we can control how we respond to those challenges, using best-selling author Jack Canfield’s approach: E + R = O (event plus response equals outcome). For many years, Canfield has studied what makes successful people different, combining research with lessons from his own personal struggles, in the New York Times best-selling Chicken Soup for the Soul© series. In this conversation with former SUCCESS Publisher Darren Hardy, Canfield discusses how facing the trials of life (known and unknown) can be daunting, but with some planning and a little courage, we can all find our way through to the good times.
- Have people ever doubted your dreams? New ideas will always be met with doubt and misunderstanding. Learn why you need to trust your own experience and not let other’s opinions stop you.
- Canfield’s Poker Chip Theory of Self-Esteem teaches you that taking risks builds your confidence. The less risks you take, the less you achieve.
- Learn the importance of creating a list of the 101 goals you want to achieve before you die.
- Using visualization is a powerful way to achieve your goals. Hear how NASA astronauts experienced the power of visualization.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“I get up in the morning and I meditate on each of my goals. I visualize them as if they were already coming true. And then I ask myself, what actions could I take today that would forward these initiatives?”
You might also like…
- 6 Fears of Entrepreneurship (and How to Overcome Them)
- 7 Challenges Successful People Overcome
- John Maxwell: The ‘Big 5’ Challenges People Face
- 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included in every issue of SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a podcast. SUCCESS Talks features fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Anne Sweeney, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran. SUCCESS Talks focuses on helping the listener nurture and develop their mind, body and spirit. Each month is thematically different and includes key takeaways designed to help you achieve your biggest goals and live your true passion.
Catch up on all episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!