Ep. 77: 5 Can’t Miss Moments From SUCCESS Live
On this week’s episode, we highlight our upcoming SUCCESS Live event. We hear lessons from speakers at the very first SUCCESS Live, and we chat with emcee Simon T. Bailey about what he values most when attending live events and what you can expect to gain in Long Beach, California, Sept. 8 and 9.
- Josh and Shelby take inventory of all the great speakers who will be at SUCCESS Live, including Bailey, Jocko Willink, Mel Robbins, Les Brown, Brendon Burchard, Tom Bilyeu and more.
- Here’s a closer look at some of the transformative ideas shared at SUCCESS Live in Dallas:
- Bishop T.D. Jakes: “You’ve heard people talk about IQ and you hear people talk about EQ. You don’t hear people talk about AQ. AQ is your adaptability quotient. Are you adaptable? How do you respond to change?… You have to have that adaptability to be able to transition from one state into the next.”
- Dr. Henry Cloud: “You can take babies and take care of all their physical needs, but [if] they’re not connected with, if they’re not loved, if they’re not bonded with, then what happens is they get further down the road, they start to have behavior problems. See, we run on circuitry, and circuitry to grow, we know requires relationship―the No. 1 factor to everybody’s performance.”
- Mel Robbins: “We know of 13 people who have stopped themselves from committing suicide using [The 5 Second Rule]. This gentleman was a veteran and he boarded the ferry with the intention of jumping over. He gets to the railing and his inner wisdom kicks in. I don’t care how low you get. I don’t care how high you get. Your inner wisdom is always there. And when you hear it, it is magic. When you listen to it, it changes everything. His inner wisdom said, ‘This is not the answer.’ He went 5-4-3-2-1, and he turned and he walked away.”
- Bailey, who spoke at SUCCESS Live in Dallas, shares three reasons why the Long Beach event will be so transformative:
- Walk away with a resilient mindset for handing adversity.
- Get inspired and get the will to be successful among like-minded people.
- Success is a choice, not an option. Even the SUCCESS magazine cover figures had to take the first step by choosing success.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“So listen, SUCCESS Live Long Beach―don’t miss it. I want to meet you. I want to shake your hand. I want to take selfies with you. We’re going to celebrate your success because you’re getting ready to enter into the most amazing year of your life.”
―Simon T. Bailey
You might also like:
- Get tickets to SUCCESS Live
- Here’s Your First Look at SUCCESS Live: Long Beach
- SUCCESS Live: ‘Nuggets of Wisdom That Could Change Your Life’
- ShipStation is offering a free 30-day trial for our listeners. And with promo code INSIDER, you can get an additional month for free. Go to ShipStation.com and click the microphone at the top to enter the code.
- Thanks to altMBA for sponsoring SUCCESS Insider. altMBA is now accepting applications. To find out more, visit altmba.com/successinsider. For special consideration, mention this podcast in your application and tell them SUCCESS sent you!
SUCCESS Insider is a weekly podcast to engage, educate and inspire emerging leaders and success seekers.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!