This week’s episode is sponsored by FreshBooks and Slack. Josh and Shelby give listeners an inside look at the June 2017 issue of SUCCESS and get some smart money ideas from this month’s cover man Dave Ramsey. Plus, we talk to our own Managing Editor Jesus Jimenez about his personal experience meeting Ramsey and his team and why he might be jumping ship to work there any day now.
- In the June cover story of SUCCESS, Ramsey advises against using credit cards—even if they’re used responsibly. Jimenez explains the reason behind this practice, based on his conversation with the financial adviser.
- Next, Jimenez shares what it was like to have Ramsey analyze his finances. In the end, he has a clear view of where to make some serious budget cuts.
- Freelance writer Jeff Vrabel shares the outcome of his no-spend challenge, where he attempts to let go of inessential spending for a month.
- Share your thoughts on this week’s episode, and the Dave Ramsey cover story, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“I think that a lot of times our finances are basically like our poker chips, right? And how you use them and how you allocate them says a lot about yourself.”
You might also like…
- Dave Ramsey Has a Plan for the Rest of Your Life
- 7 Money Mistakes You’re Making in Your 20s
- Dave Ramsey on Life’s Lessons Hard Earned
- 10 Money Habits That Are Leaving You Broke
- FreshBooks is offering a 30-day, unrestricted free trial to our listeners. To claim it, just go to FreshBooks.com/insider and enter Success Insider in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
- Thanks to Slack for supporting SUCCESS Insider. Slack: Where work happens. Find out why at Slack.com.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!