Ep. 33: Healthy Living Equals Successful Living
This episode is sponsored by the Small Business Revolution, championed by Deluxe.
Why is your health such a big part of your success? To answer that question, Josh and Shelby talk to Tom Bilyeu, Quest Nutrition co-founder and host of the Inside Quest podcast, about how to improve both your physical and mental health with one step.
“The more I learned about the mind, the more I realized there was this inherent feedback loop with the body and the mind,” Bilyeu says. “If you really want to maximize your mind as a mental athlete, which is what I think of businesspeople as, then you have to optimize your body as well.”
Bilyeu founded his company, best known for the QuestBar protein bar, for a very personal reason: He came from a morbidly obese family and saw his uncle suffer until his death because of his poor diet and health. He helps others discover their “why” for better health.
- Why Tom considers businesspeople as mental athletes and how you can train your mind like one.
- How to recognize the connection between peak performance of your mind and what you feed your body.
- Why all fat is not created equal: The difference between healthy fats, damaged fats and what a trans fat really is.
- Why Tim Ferriss puts three pats of butter in his coffee.
- How to quantify your health with complete blood panels and what blood results you should pay particular attention to.
- “You can’t outrun a bad diet,” Tom says. He explains why 85% of your health comes down to what you eat—and what you shouldn’t eat.
- We break down some common-sense health tips you can use now: Eat whole foods, eat breakfast, drink water and exercise.
- “Reduce your risk of death”: We discuss.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Every seven years every cell in your body turns over. So, you are literally what you eat.”
You might also like:
- Ep. 16: Boost Your Energy Now
- 4 Healthy Habits You Already Know but Aren’t Doing
- 6 Easy (and Tasty!) Ways to Eat Healthy
The Small Business Revolution on Main Street is an original online series that captures what happened when Deluxe gave one small town and its small businesses a $500,000 transformation. See how Wabash, Indiana, comes back to life in the series streaming now at smallbusinessrevolution.org.
SUCCESS Insider is a weekly podcast to engage, educate and inspire emerging leaders and success seekers.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!
Find complete SUCCESS Insider archives at SUCCESS.com/successinsider.
Find more SUCCESS podcasts at SUCCESS.com/podcasts.