Ask five people to define marketing and you will get five different answers. Shelby and Josh discuss their take on marketing in today’s social-driven world. They chat with “unmarketing” experts Scott Stratten and Alison Kramer of the UnPodcast about why it’s important to know your audience and take marketing to a personal level. They’ll also read listeners’ best tips and tools for marketing their brand.
- How do you present yourself on social media? Josh and Shelby give an inside look at their digital lives.
- If you’re trying to establish yourself as a brand or expert, Shelby says your social presence should be a healthy balance between helpful content, tempered self-promotion and authenticity.
- UnPodcast co-host Alison Kramer says it’s vital to broadly understand the ever-innovative forms of social media marketing. You should be familiar with the new social media platforms, but ultimately specialize and focus on your strengths.
- Regarding email marketing, it’s time to “respect the inbox,” the duo says. They’ve already expressed interest in your content; don’t kill the relationship by bombarding your subscribers.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life—it’s so true. I haven’t worked in 14 years.”
You might also like…
- This week’s guests Scott Stratten and Alison Kramer on the Unpodcast
- Don’t Be a Wallflower: 3 Ways to Heat Up Your Personal Brand
- Follow Shelby Skrhak and Josh Ellis on Twitter
SUCCESS Insider is a weekly podcast to engage, educate and inspire emerging leaders and success seekers.
Every week, SUCCESS.com’s Shelby Skrhak and SUCCESS magazine’s Josh Ellis will discuss the latest trends in personal empowerment, entrepreneurship and career development. We’ll dig into books, ideas and news you’ll want to know about. We’ll chat with special guests, including authors, industry experts, business leaders, trendsetters on our staff and other all-around successful people. And we’ll have a lot of fun doing it. Join us!
Catch up on all episodes at SUCCESS.com/podcasts.