This episode is sponsored by Sanebox.
Success requires sacrifice. But DeVon Franklin, best-selling author, spiritual success coach and producer of the popular film Miracles from Heaven, didn’t want to abandon his beliefs for a name in Hollywood. Now the author of the new book The Hollywood Commandments: A Spiritual Guide to Secular Success is out to prove you can have both. Franklin and SUCCESS.com’s Shleby Skrhak discuss Hollywood stereotypes, the power of entertainment and how to align your spiritual goals with your career goals.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- Franklin says Hollywood stereotypes are only a small part of the big picture. Context is important.
- Success isn’t easy and there isn’t a single way there. Learn why Franklin says, “Church gave me the spiritual foundation, but Hollywood gave me the foundation for success in the industry.”
- Finally, hear Skrhak and Franklin discuss his new book, The Hollywood Commandments.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“I’ve worked in Hollywood for 20 years. I can tell you that the majority of Hollywood is filled with hard-working, good people of integrity—people who have families, people who wanna do good in the world, people who are committed to making content that can change people’s lives. So the portion we see in the media is just a glimpse.”
You might also like…
- 6 Success Lessons From Hollywood
- Why You Can’t Find Success Without Faith
- The 3 Successful People You Need to Have in Your Corner
- Thanks to Sanebox for sponsoring this episode. Click here to find out how Sanbox can help your productivity and receive an automatic $20 credit to your account in addition to the 14-day free trial.
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.