Daniel Goleman on High Performance Through Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence is a buzzy phrase, but what does it really mean and how can we develop it? Best-selling author and internationally recognized psychologist Daniel Goleman says there are four parts to emotional intelligence: self-awareness, managing your emotions, noticing other people’s feelings and effectively managing your relationships. In this interview with SUCCESS.com digital content director Shelby Skrhak, Goleman dives into how much emotional intelligence affects our daily lives.
This interview appears on the SUCCESS Talks Collection, available in the May 2017 edition of SUCCESS magazine.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- Emotional intelligence has long been touted as vital to entrepreneurial success and effective leadership. Why is that and how can we develop it?
- Learn how the age of technology severely narrows how we communicate with other people. We were inherently designed for face-to-face communication. What changed and how can we retain those connections?
- Listen to learn why mindfulness is so important and how it’s not as difficult or time-consuming as you might think.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“The mind is like a muscle. You can exercise a muscle the same way you lift weights in the gym, and the basic move in that exercise is focusing on something, watching your mind wander off and bringing it back. It’s called mindfulness. You can use your breath as an anchor.”
You might also like…
- Why Mindfulness Is the Ultimate Habit for Success
- 15 Daily Routines That Heighten Emotional Intelligence
- How to Speak Well… and Listen Better
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.