This episode is sponsored by Gusto.
The risk is worth the reward is a motto that Chip Gaines, the co-host of HGTV’s wildly popular Fixer Upper, has always lived by. Gaines chats with SUCCESS Editor-in-Chief Josh Ellis about working together successfully with his wife, Joanna, and his experiences in business. The author of the newly released Capital Gaines: Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff, Gaines gives his advice for new entrepreneurs and shares his secret for making sure he gets the most out of each day.
This interview appears on the SUCCESS Talks Collection, available in the January 2018 edition of SUCCESS magazine.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- Josh shares with Chip a famous Zig Ziglar quote that gives him an “a-ha” moment.
- Chip discusses the role of vulnerability and openness in entrepreneurship, why it’s been so integral to Chip and Joanna’s success, and the unfortunate downside of it.
- Chip shares the true purpose behind his passion of fixing up homes: It’s about people at home. “For us, good things happen at home. It’s where life happens, it’s where love happens,” Chip says.
- The home builder shares advice for making a mindset shift into entrepreneurship.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“I’m a firm believer that the only thing I can control on a daily basis is my attitude.”
— Chip Gaines
You might also like…
- Behind the Scenes at SUCCESS’ Chip and Joanna Gaines cover shoot
- Chip and Joanna Gaines Are Ready to Risk It All [Jan 2018 Cover Story]