Bernadette Jiwa on Following Your Hunches
This episode is sponsored by altMBA.
We have a hunch you’ll like this episode. Bernadette Jiwa, author of Hunch: Turn Your Everyday Insights Into the Next Big Thing, says hunches are the engine of discovery. Ellis and Jiwa discuss how technology can result in a passive life, why you shouldn’t fall in love with your ideas and why entrepreneurs should look to solve problems instead of looking for opportunities to succeed.
SUBSCRIBE on iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcatcher app so you don’t miss an episode!
- A hunch can come from anywhere. Walk down the street and pay attention to your surroundings. What could be better? What problem could be solved?
- Jiwa says we’re hesitant to tap into our creative side because we assume other people are smarter or more qualified to come up with these ideas. Take charge of your future and embrace your natural creativity.
- Learn why the three traits you need to focus on are curiosity, empathy and imagination.
Favorite quote from this episode:
“Part of the problem is that we start off looking for opportunities to succeed, instead of looking for problems to solve. We end up falling in love with our own ideas and it’s far more fruitful to look for problems that are begging for solutions than to think about how can we create the next big thing.”
You might also like…
- 3 Genius Tactics to Drive Your Next Creative Breakthrough
- Stop Underestimating Your Great Ideas
- How to Gain Confidence and Become the Greatest
- Thanks to altMBA for sponsoring SUCCESS Talks. altMBA is now accepting applications. To find out more, visit altmba.com/successtalks. For special consideration, mention this podcast in your application and tell them SUCCESS sent you!
SUCCESS Talks, the popular audio program included every month in SUCCESS magazine, is now available as a weekly podcast. We feature fascinating interviews with prominent business, creative and thought leaders such as Tony Robbins, Richard Branson, Tim Ferriss and Barbara Corcoran, and include key takeaways designed to help you put information into action.
Catch up on all individual episodes at SUCCESS.com/SUCCESSTalks or download the monthly SUCCESS Talks Collection with your magazine subscription.