Drs. Oz & Roizen: Wise Diet and Exercise Habits Aren’t Accidental

Q: How can I stick with an exercise program? Every new year I start strong but burn out after a month or two. A: To stay with your fitness goals—a minimum of 10,000 steps a day, 30 minutes of resistance exercise each week, and 20 to 25 minutes of vigorous cardio three times per week—you […]

Drs. Oz & Roizen: Design a Plan for Your Body’s Best 2015

Our docs answer your questions to help you achieve a happy, healthy year. Q: I’m determined to eat better this year, but I’m confused about carbs and fats—it seems like every month a study comes out saying that one is good and the other is bad, and then they switch! What food rules can I […]

Drs. Oz & Roizen: Straight Talk about Genes and Your Destiny

Q: Half my family health history is a mystery because I never knew my father. I’m in good health, but should I be concerned about carrying a genetic predisposition to heart disease? A: Good news: You control about 75 percent of your heart disease risk factors. The remaining 25 percent comes from your parents’ genes. So even though […]

Drs. Oz & Roizen: Tips for Wise Workouts

Wise Workouts

Q: What is the least amount of time I can work out and see health benefits? I have friends devoted to quick-fitness apps, like the 7 Minute Workout, but can you really stay fit in such little time? A: You can, but you should already be pretty darn fit before you can gain the benefits […]